Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Waiting for one year....

Well, it's been one year now that we've been waiting. It doesn't seem that the wait is getting any shorter. The year really has gone by quickly and it has actually given Ron and I a chance to get a lot of things done. We still have some projects we'd like to complete before we bring Marisa home.

We just got back from Florida yesterday. We had spent 10 days in Florida at Ron's parents' place in Sarasota. We had a great time. We went to the pool almost every day, we went to the beach one day, went to Mote Aquarium, saw the Sarasota Reds play (they are a minor league baseball team), went out to eat every day, spent some time with my cousin Doug and saw his baby, spent some time with my aunt Erma and uncle Dave, slept in, napped, watched some movies, it was great!

Now it's back to work and school is starting again next week already! Where has the summer gone?! I've really enjoyed my summer. I was able to go to Charlevoix, Michigan and spend a few days with my college friend, Brenda. My sister and I took a trip to southern Indiana to visit our other sister and nephews. I also spent a few days with 2 other friends that live down near my sister. I've been able to finish some projects I've wanted to complete. Ron and I took a much needed vacation. So it's been a busy summer but a very nice one.

I've had a garden for the past few years, but this is the first year I've actually canned green beans from my garden! I also froze strawberries and applesauce. I want to freeze sweet corn and can peaches as well. It's so fun to do these things! I never thought I would say that!

I've decided to continue with our website here since I was having trouble with the other one in posting pictures, etc. This site seems to be so much easier to work with. So I hope you'll continue to follow along in our adoption journey!

1 comment:

Kristi said...

Glad to see that you guys had such an enjoyable summer! Get to work on those projects because eventually the call comes and you'll lose your mind trying to pack a suitcase for two weeks in a foreign country with a weight limit of 40 pounds! We still think of you guys often and pray that your wait will continue to be bearable!

Kristi in NC