Sunday, November 23, 2008

An update....

Well, as you can see by the counter at the top of this page we have been waiting for 27 months now -- 28 months on Dec. 3. It's sometimes hard to believe that we have actually been waiting this long. In some ways it seems forever that we've been waiting and in other ways it doesn't seem that long. Of course, life doesn't stop and we can't put our life on hold till we have our daughter. We have to keep living our lives and going on with things. That probably does help the time to pass quickly. Referrals continue to come in for groups, but we still have 24 groups ahead of us. Part of the slowness of the process is that our agency doesn't always get referrals every month because the cut off date for China's matching was earlier than what the next LID was for our agency. So that means we don't move up that month. So we wait and hope that before our paperwork expires again we will be on our way to China to pick up Marisa. Our paperwork expires again in July. We can renew it but it just means filling out more forms, being fingerprinted AGAIN!, and having more expense to have everything processed. And of course, we will renew it when the time comes but we're really hoping that things speed up here soon so that we won't need to.

So our lives continue. We have been busy. Ron's work continues to be busy which we're so thankful for. With so many places shutting down or laying people off, it's a scary time. I continue to babysit for our neighbor's little girl. It is fun to watch her development. Kids are so amazing and how quickly they learn and grow! She turned a year old in October. I also continue to work for MDC Goldenrod and provide respite care for a mother of a 7 year old and fill in to work with the adults from time to time. I have also taken on another babysitting job for a friend that works one day a week. She has two children. One is 4 years old and the other will turn a year old this week. So having three at one time is a challenge at times, but gives me lots of good experience!

Ron and I have been very active in starting a new service at the church we are attending. With change comes many challenges but we are really enjoying getting to know new people and making new friends. It is really interesting to be involved in starting something like this. We have never been a part of something like this. We are also teaching Sunday school. Ron teaches the high school class and I teach the middle school class. It has been fun getting to know the kids. And there is Bible Study once a week. So we keep busy. With the challenges we've faced, comes many rewards. We feel like we are where God wants us to be. I know that if we had Marisa right now it would be hard to be giving so much time to this new service that is needed. So I'm sure this is all in God's plan for us and things are all happening in God's time.

So that's a little update on what's happening with us. I know it's been a long time since my last post. Like I've said before, it's hard to post when nothing is really happening with the adoption. We just continue to ask for your prayers as we continue on this adoption journey.

2 comments:

Kristi said...

Mary,
I'm so glad you are following my blog! My computer crashed a few months ago and I lost all my contacts. I'm so glad to have found you again. I was just thinking about you and Ron the other day and praying for you in your wait! I wait anxiously for the joyful news that your call finally comes!
Praying for you daily!
Kristi

Elizabeth said...

Hi Mary!
I'm hopeful that things will speed up in your adoption journey and you won't have to renew your paperwork again. I am glad to read that Ron's work is still busy! That really is a blessing around here. I think you are right and things will happen in time and you will get the little girl that was meant to be yours! :)
Elizabeth