Wednesday, May 20, 2009

waiting...

There is a song by John Waller called While I'm Waiting. It's used in the movie Fireproof. I loved the song from the first time I heard it and it seems very relevant to our wait for Marisa. Here are the words:

I'm waiting
I'm waiting on you Lord
And I am hopeful
I'm waiting on you Lord
Though it is painful
But patiently, I will wait
I will move ahead bold and confident
Taking every step in obedience

While I'm waiting
I will serve you
While I'm waiting
I will worship
While I'm waiting
I will not faint
I'll be running the race
Even while I wait

I'm waiting
I'm waiting on you Lord
And I am peaceful
I'm waiting on you Lord
Though it's not easy
But faithfully, I will wait
Yes, I will wait
I will move ahead bold and confident
Taking every step in obedience
I will move ahead bold and confident
I'll be taking every step in obedience

While I'm waiting
I will serve you
While I'm waiting
I will worship
While I'm waiting
I will not faint

I will serve you while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting
I will serve you while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting
I will serve you while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting
On you Lord

Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him;
do not fret when men succeed in their ways,
when they carry out their wicked schemes.
Psalm 37:7

I waited patiently for the Lord;
he turned to me and heard my cry.
Psalm 40:1

These are the promises I cling to as we wait for Marisa.

2 comments:

Kristi said...

Mary, I love this song! I searched for it online after seeing Fireproof myself! I was just thinking of you today and then saw your post scrolling across my RSS feed. I'm praying for you my friend!

blessed by HIM said...

I love the song also. I also loved the Fireproof movie. Mary you have been so patient during all of this. I have been praying for you and your husband, but I know it is all in God's perfect timing.