Thursday, August 6, 2009

three years...

Well we've been waiting on our China adoption for three years now. Our anniversary for our LID was on Aug. 3, which is also our wedding anniversary. How is it we've been waiting three years and there are still 19 groups ahead of us yet? Does that mean since China matches about one group a month that we'll have 19 more months of waiting? Oh, I really hope not. I know the wait will all be worth it once we have Marisa in our arms but right now the waiting doesn't make any sense and it's hard. It's hard to watch videos of others receiving their adopted child, but yet I have feelings of happiness for the new parents and just wondering what emotions I'll be experiencing when that moment arrives for us. The waiting might not be so bad if going into this adoption we would have had an idea that it was going to be a long wait. The people that are completing their paperwork now for a China adoption realize that the wait will be longer than 3 years. But things really slowed down after we had completed our paperwork. I'm not saying we've ever wished we weren't doing an adoption from China, we're completing this adoption because we believe our little girl is in China.

We received paperwork from our agency to complete for our Ethiopian adoption so I hope to get through that stuff fairly quickly. I'm not looking too forward to doing the paperwork but it's part of the process. If we only had to rely on ourselves to complete it, it wouldn't be so bad but there are some forms and things that others need to fill out and get back to us. We still haven't decided on a name for our little guy from Ethiopia. We have been tossing around a few names but none have stuck yet.

I can't believe how quickly the summer has flown by. I've been busy tutoring, doing respite care and community habilitation with a couple of clients, trying to take care of my garden which seems to quickly become overrun with weeds, harvesting vegetables from my garden, and doing some canning and freezing of fruits and vegetables. It feels like I really haven't had much chance to enjoy the summer because I've been so busy with so many things, but it does make time go by more quickly when we're busy so I guess that's a blessing.

I try to keep a positive attitude about our adoption even though it is progressing so slowly. I know it's in God's hands even though I can't understand what is taking Him so long to bring our daughter home to us but I know He's got it all planned out and it will all come together when the time is right. With the distraction of a second adoption that may help as well. We continue to need your prayers as we endure this long wait for Marisa and also need your prayers as we pursue the adoption from Ethiopia for a little boy.

1 comment:

Kristi said...

Oh how I can relate to the frustration of parts of dossier collection being in the hands of others! I pray that your "paper pregnancy" to Ethiopia goes smoothly and that you have good news from a distant land in no time!