Friday, May 28, 2010

still waiting...

Okay, so we did hear from our agency later in the day yesterday (Thursday) and they are still trying to work out the appointments so that we can try to leave June 17.  I didn't realize they were still trying to work on that.  I guess there are about 3 other families that are in the same situation we are in and so the agency is really trying to get things worked out for us to travel as soon as possible.

Today it's been so quiet and we've heard nothing from our agency.  So that means they haven't heard anything.  The hard part is now this is a holiday weekend and their office is closed on Monday so that means we have to wait until Tuesday to see if there is any news.  The other hard part of the waiting is that China is 13 hours ahead of us, so while we're working they're sleeping and then while they're working, we're sleeping.  So when requests are made of China that's why it seems like the answers take a while to come.

So we'll just try to stay as busy as possible this weekend.  We have plenty to do so hopefully we can get a lot done.  So maybe staying busy will help keep our minds off of China.  Yeah, like that's gonna happen!!  When aren't I thinking about China and our little girl?!  Have a great holiday weekend everyone!!

Thursday, May 27, 2010

We have TA!!!

We now have TA which is Travel Approval.  We received this on Monday of this week.  On Tuesday we received tentative travel plans.  Tentatively we were to leave on June 17 with our Consulate Appointment on June 29.  Well, turns out the 29th isn't available and since Marisa is 2 years old she has to have a TB test done and so then she needs to be seen 72 hours after that.  So what that means is her medical exam needs to happen 3 days before the consulate appointment.  They could possibly change our consulate appointment if her medical exam can be changed from Saturday to Friday, but that may not be able to happen.  So we found this out yesterday (Wednesday) and our agency said that our new tentative date for travel is June 24.  I know everything is tentative until the consulate appointment can be confirmed but it's hard when dates change to later.

I really feel like this last stretch has been the most difficult.  When you know who your child is.  You have a picture and information but you can't get to her.  It's like a bad dream where you want or need to get somewhere and you can never quite seem to get there - it's always just a little beyond your reach.  I know we'll get to China.  I would just rather it be sooner than later.  We've rolled with the ups and downs of this process for so long, you just want something to be in your favor for once.  Life is always unpredictable and I know we like things to be more predictable and we want to be in control of how and when things happen.   But as we've learned that just isn't always possible. 

So maybe we'll find out more today or tomorrow about when we actually do travel to China.  Our agency has been really good about keeping us posted about things and I appreciate that.  I feel like we know what's going on.  I know they are working hard for us and things aren't always in their control either.  

So we continue to wait...

Thursday, May 13, 2010


Well, everything has moved pretty quickly up until we needed our homestudy updated.  It didn't really take our homestudy agency that long to get things around and get it updated (see right side of page for timeline).  And then we sent that in to immigration and we just received the updated approval paperwork from them last Friday (5-7-10).  So I emailed our agency with the update and now we're just waiting on TA (travel approval) so that they can begin to work on our travel arrangements.  I'm very anxious to receive TA so that we can go get our daughter.  I know this wait now, that we know who our daughter is, hasn't been that long but it still seems long.  Much of this still seems unreal.  This is actually our daughter!  We have a daughter waiting for us in China!!!  I don't think it will seem real until we're actually in China and we see Marisa with our own eyes.  Oh what a joy that will be!! I'm getting tears in my eyes now just thinking about it.  So hopefully soon we'll have news about our travel plans.  We really hope to be able to travel in June.  So keep praying!

About our Ethiopian adoption...
Just got word today from CAN (our adoption agency) that our homestudy has been approved!!  So once our social worker gets that mailed to us we're ready to send our paperwork in!  And then that process can get moving.  Our agency will get our paperwork certified and authenticated first and then it can be sent to Ethiopia.  Then we'll wait again!  But at least our minds and lives will be occupied with Marisa as we wait for Samuel. :)